Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Moondrop's Music Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

Moondrop's Music Thread Empty
PostSubject: Moondrop's Music Thread   Moondrop's Music Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2023 2:05 am

hullo! this will be my thread for music projects.

i do not have many currently because learning how to make music sound good has been a slow process for me, and i rarely post anything unless i feel it's at least listenable. however i want to break out of that habit! i need to start actually finishing pieces instead of hiding because i don't feel like a skill is developed enough ^^

a lot of my music will be inspired by video game soundtrack sort of sounds, as that is my passion. however there may be other things thrown in!

fun fact: the software I am using is a very, very outdated version of FL Studio [Version 6]. my parents had the old disk but lost the account attached to it because it was connected to an old email. i've customized my own skin for it [and have been adding bits and bobs to it slowly] as the original one was too low-contrast for me to use effectively.

Moondrop's Music Thread Flstud10
Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Moondrop's Music Thread   Moondrop's Music Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2023 4:23 am

i actually came across a remaster/re-arrange i made a while back while lookin through old dms... i made it before i knew you had to mix music for it to sound as pleasing as it can to the ears, but it honestly holds up pretty well regardless. that might also be bias though, because it was of a song from an obscure game that i liked as a kid-

for context, the song is the Boss Battle theme from the DS game Nostalgia/Winds of Nostalgia/Nostalgeo no Kaze. the arrange/remaster was meant to be both a remaster of the song and a marching band type of rearrangement because my band teacher was mentioning marching season and i was like "hmmm"

i believe i had made this with LMMS, and used mostly the Sonatina Orchestra VST.
Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Moondrop's Music Thread   Moondrop's Music Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2023 4:27 am

oh, i have also remastered another song from Nostalgia before! but the issue was that i had just learned how to mix, and so i overmixed it... it sounds very stuffy and quiet as a result... if i hadn't done that, it might have sounded much better Sad

i actually uploaded that one to youtube, so it's viewable here. it's a remaster of the final boss theme, "Metheus"
Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Moondrop's Music Thread   Moondrop's Music Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2023 10:02 am

another day another slay or something like that-
i made a sega genesis cover of Ernst from YS VI! i was originally going to do like... a more interesting type of arrange than just a retro one, but upon doing so i somehow forgot to properly export a piece and forgot to save... man...

ghoul likes this post

Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Moondrop's Music Thread   Moondrop's Music Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 12:42 pm

hey guys very fun update! /gen
so someone on tumblr sent me an ask about my OCs, and it reminded me of this game project i forgot about that i wanna get back to sometime... so i decided to remake an old song i made for it!

so, context/backstory:
i came up with an idea for a Tactics RPG (ie fire emblem, ff tactics, etc) as a game project to make so i could also get use out of an existing OC i wanted to remake. i used a famitracker type of software (not famitracker but something similar) to make a song (before i knew that music typically doesn't sound good if its not in key- woops!). i ended up making a movement stage and battle stage for a first level that serves as a sort of backstory/old war scene.
here is the OLD version of the movement phase!:

now that i actually have more musical knowledge + better software (the old one would break easily if you use too many instruments in certain soundchips) i have sort of remade it! it is different in some ways, and that is on purpose. i am also going to be working on a battle phase which will be VERY different from the old one.
here is the NEW movement phase!:

Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

PostSubject: Re: Moondrop's Music Thread   Moondrop's Music Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 8:13 am

woah, IM LOVING THESE :'D finally got to listen to them all!
do you have any tips on starting with the program? maybe you can open a separate thread for everyone interested :'D

MumiMoondrops likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Moondrop's Music Thread   Moondrop's Music Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 11:21 pm

Totel wrote:
woah, IM LOVING THESE :'D finally got to listen to them all!
do you have any tips on starting with the program? maybe you can open a separate thread for everyone interested :'D

this is actually a really good idea! i'll make a seperate thread about DAW workflow ohohoho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moondrop's Music Thread   Moondrop's Music Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moondrop's Music Thread
Page 1 of 1