Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Music Resources!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

Music Resources!! Empty
PostSubject: Music Resources!!   Music Resources!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 10:55 am

i wanted to make a thread to provide resources for anyone who does music stuff, whether beginner or expert, and whether through physical or digital means!

here's some resources to start the conversation:
  • A website that helps with finding music scales and chords. You can either look through the navigator, or input notes yourself into the finder in case you wanna figure out what scale to work in!
  • Musical Artifacts. It's a website chock full of soundfonts and other useful digital sounds, including information on licensing in case you need something for commercial purposes.
  • VGMTrans. If you want to get a soundfont or even a MIDI arrangement from a specific game, you can use this software on ROM files for certain games. It works on most console games pre-PS1, but some PS1 and PS2 games work. It also works on Nintendo DS games. This is good if you want to make a song in the style of a game, or make a remaster of a song from an older game but don't have the time to transcribe it from scratch.
Back to top Go down
venusambassador

venusambassador

Music Resources!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Resources!!   Music Resources!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 8:40 pm

These are actually really helpful. I have been digging through Musical Artifacts and there is a ton of good stuff on there. So thank you for linking it!

I have a few websites I want to link:

• Freesound. Freesound is a site absolutely full of free sound effects, loops, etc. A lot of these types of sites have limits on how many files you can download without paying for a membership, but Freesound just lets you go nuts which is great.
  • JummBox. Jummbox is an online DAW for making retro videogame-sounding music, chiptunes and the like. I don't use it as much as I used to but I still think it's neat for how in-depth you can get with it despite it being really simple to use.
  • Sounds Resource. It's a big collection of rips from a ton of games on different consoles from different generations. They also have some rips from browser games, so if you feel like taking samples from a Neopets flash minigame, you can.

MumiMoondrops likes this post

Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

Music Resources!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Resources!!   Music Resources!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 5:48 am

venusambassador wrote:
These are actually really helpful. I have been digging through Musical Artifacts and there is a ton of good stuff on there. So thank you for linking it!

• Freesound. Freesound is a site absolutely full of free sound effects, loops, etc. A lot of these types of sites have limits on how many files you can download without paying for a membership, but Freesound just lets you go nuts which is great.
  • JummBox. Jummbox is an online DAW for making retro videogame-sounding music, chiptunes and the like. I don't use it as much as I used to but I still think it's neat for how in-depth you can get with it despite it being really simple to use.
  • Sounds Resource. It's a big collection of rips from a ton of games on different consoles from different generations. They also have some rips from browser games, so if you feel like taking samples from a Neopets flash minigame, you can.

i tried some of the sounds from sound resource in a sampler, and was able to do some cool stuff with them! will definitely be using that one more often
Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

Music Resources!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Resources!!   Music Resources!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 10:23 am

venusambassador wrote:

oh freesound, my beloved. that's how i added sound to all my animated movies lol. <3
Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

Music Resources!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Resources!!   Music Resources!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2023 10:20 am

Another resource/tip is that if you really, really want to download another sample from a website that limits the amount of samples you can download before having to buy 'credits' or similar, is that for some of them you can just go into inspect element mode, go into the debugger, and look for the link to the file itself. I just did that because I didn't feel like making another throwaway account to get the original amen break sample in good quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music Resources!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Resources!!   Music Resources!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music Resources!!
Page 1 of 1