Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Favourite games?

Go down 
+9
cycyanart
yugocar
ChronicVillainy
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)
epic
BraveCrab
MumiMoondrops
itsacoffin
Totel
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Totel
Admin
Totel

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 1:29 pm

As the title says!
Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
itsacoffin

itsacoffin

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 2:22 pm

might sounds like a generic answer but honestly, undertale is one of our favorite games ever. we like indie horrors so yume nikki and OFF are also there too <3

we havent finished playing all of the ace attorney games but its literally so good, we especially love the spinoff ace attorney investigation (even tho we still havent finished it yet lol) love the game mechanic and of course all the silly characters and truly a slut for solving mysteries Very Happy

some honorable mentions are superliminal, pokemon ultra sun, and a lot of sonic games LOL but specifically sonic heros, its so good we can replay it forever and never get tired (but get very frustrated but thats just part of the fun <3 ) theres probably a lot more games that deeply ingrained themselves in our mind but i cant remember them rn lol!

DesDemonical likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://itsacoffin.carrd.co/
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 3:50 pm

gonna divide this into two sections, one for recent games and one for old games!

Recent Games [not many unfortunately]

• Splatoon 3
  • ULTRAKILL
  • Wobbledogs

Old Games

• Bioshock (1 and 2)
  • Chibi-Robo
  • DOOM
  • Garry's Mod
  • Jackbox Party Pack
  • Katamari Damacy
  • Minecraft
  • Quake
  • Team Fortress 2
  • The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion and Daggerfall are my favorites)
  • Viva Pinata
  • YS (Specifically YS 6: The Ark of Napishtim)

I could probably list a lot more for the old section but my brain is fuzzy, so that's all for now ^^ overall my criteria here is games that I still think about notably, remember to play/replay, etc. I have not put any games that I have not played, since I don't feel right doing so. Otherwise Cult of the Lamb would be in the new games section because it looks hella fun-
Back to top Go down
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 9:13 pm

Recently played:
Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (I love the Zelda series)
Citizen Sleeper (I haven't finished it yet but it's great.)

Not recently played:
Dead by Daylight (Huntress is my killer main, Élodie is my survivor main)
Night in the Woods
Firewatch
Portal/Portal 2
Lil Gator Game
Luigi's Mansion
The Outer Worlds (it's like Fallout but even more anti-capitalist)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (I like killing Nazis)
Resident Evil 7 (the best RE)
Control (Shadowy government agency in the style of X-Files, and psychic powers)
Untitled Goose Game
Stray
Visage
Outlast
Going Under
Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Last edited by BraveCrab on Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://horroreveryday.com
epic

epic

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 12:19 am

omg i'm gonna sound so basic here but my favorite game has always been mario galaxy lol. i've played it to 100% completion twice and started another 100% run a couple months back. they're really fun games and were my favorite as a child :'o)
i also love the portal games, i've replayed them a bunch (and not just because i think glados is hot... haha...)
ever oasis is another classic fave for me, being my favorite game at 14. i'm still kinda bummed that it flopped T_T it was a 3ds game made at the latter end of the 3ds' lifespan, so i suppose it's not really all that much of a surprise. still an extremely cute game though, it's an rpg and all the characters are really charming, and i think the combat is pretty fun!
i also like pokemon b/w and usum(you could have been so much...), splatoon 3, botw, mario & luigi: bowser's inside story, and hollow knight, but i don't feel like writing unique paragraphs about all of them! i just think they're neat :] i'm a nintendo girlie if you can't tell lol
Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 8:07 am

@BraveCrab oh im so glad to see NITW on your list! it's my favourite game ever. Basketball

i really want to get a tattoo of it sometimes (the quote: the universe is forgetting you, and the universe is being forgotten). that game is fantastic - incredible use of liminal spaces and social commentary.
Back to top Go down
itsacoffin

itsacoffin

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 8:26 am

Totel wrote:
@BraveCrab oh im so glad to see NITW on your list! it's my favourite game ever. Basketball .

OOOH we played nitw too!! it was a long time ago tho we should really play it again... its such a good game aUGH the music the atmosphere the characters... back then we couldnt really understand it but now thats changed >:3
Back to top Go down
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 9:00 am

Because I loved NITW, and specifically Demon Tower, I made a little fan art sculpture of Pale Cat.

Favourite games? Tumblr10

yugocar, LoLonoid, disoriented bystander and MumiMoondrops like this post

Back to top Go down
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)
Meow Meow Vampyr
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 7:55 pm

• Undertale
    well that was probably the most important game in my life which changed my life
  • Morrowind
    currently i am very much into this one! i didn't think i would enjoy an open-world game this much because i tend to find so much freedom in a game a bit intimidating, but i love the visual style of morrowind so much i wanted to give it a try and im SO glad i did. it's like therapy lmfao
  • Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui
    this one which has a fascinating story behind it;
    Spoiler:

• Harry Potter 2 (for PC)
    simple comfy playstyle and beautiful stylized visuals, basically a flawless game to me
  • Sanguine Sanctum
    an indie game about the last remnants of a dying world
  • Iketsuki
  •  Fatum Betula
  • King's Quest series
    grew up with these iconic (and ruthless) point-and-click adventure games
    3rd and 6th are my favourite.
  • Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis 
    another point-and-click adventure game, finished it several times, GORGEOUS pixel art and extremely fun game, it's basically an indiana jones movie but a new story made specifically for the game. just challenging enough, but doesn't try to kill you at ever step like king's quest lmao
  • Mata Nui Online Game
    another amazing point-and-click adventure game that's both great in its story and art.
    bionicle just wins constantly.
  • Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
    fantastic modern urban fantasy RPG that has VAMPIRES in it
    AMAZINGLY written game, but has horrible combat due to the rushed production. if this game was given the time to be properly finished, i am sure it would be widely renowned as one of the best and most iconic RPGs out there. hell even in it's current state it's a huge cult classic due to it's amazing writing and replayability.
  • Sims 4 
    i am currently recovering

Last edited by neonUFO (tiredsleepy) on Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

yugocar likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://neonufo.carrd.co/
ChronicVillainy

ChronicVillainy

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 10:25 am

Some of my favorites:

- Final Fantasy IX
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask
- Okami
- NieR Gestalt/Replicant & NieR Automata
- Mass Effect
- Dragon Age
- Stray
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
- Cat Quest
- Yakuza 0
- Tales of Berseria & Tales of Vesperia
- Spyro the Dragon
- Odin Sphere

Last edited by ChronicVillainy on Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

yugocar and BraveCrab like this post

Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/ChronicVillainy
Totel
Admin
Totel

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 11:02 am

@ChronicVillainy omg spyro is such a classic! When i was young and it was all the rage, i was so jelaous of my friends who had playstation and could play it Sad
Back to top Go down
ChronicVillainy

ChronicVillainy

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 11:30 am

Totel wrote:
@ChronicVillainy omg spyro is such a classic! When i was young and it was all the rage, i was so jelaous of my friends who had playstation and could play it Sad

The second game is one of my first video games so the first three games have a special place for me haha
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/ChronicVillainy
yugocar

yugocar

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 10:32 pm

all around great games so far!! will toss in some of my own

currently playing

-black book: rpg adventure game based on slavic myth, particularly russian and komi folklore. super nice to finally see these more slavic mythology in a game, its super undersued!

played way too many times

- dragon age, mass effect ಥ‿ಥ what can i say...they have a hold on me. i still cry during mass effect 3

and some more

- big player of interactive fiction: fallen hero rebirth is likely my all time favorite
- spyro: played sooo much of it as a kid on ps2!! now i bought the reignited trilogy for pc and am losing it a bit
- big fan of supergiant games: hades is amazing, but pyre is criminally underrated!
- stardew valley: what can i say, i love growing things. im a sucker for pretty much any farming sim
- i do enjoy fallout and skyrim, but tend to prefer games that are less open world
- played every nancy drew game there is!! loved them so much until everything became kind of a mess with the latest game.
- night in the woods: god what a good depiction of being uhm less than okay
- the newest series of tomb raider games: not only are they super fun, but yay well dressed lara!!

Back to top Go down
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2023 2:51 am

yugocar wrote:

- i do enjoy fallout and skyrim, but tend to prefer games that are less open world

Have you tried The Outer Worlds? It's by the devs who made Fallout New Vegas, and it's still fairly Fallout-esque, just switch post-apocalpse for deep-space corporate colonies. Each planet is more of a contained environment so it feels a bit more concise than massive open worlds.
Back to top Go down
cycyanart

cycyanart

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2023 4:24 am

I seem to rotate through games! Here's my list of what I keep coming back to:

-Minecraft
-Subnautica
-Animal Crossing (any)
-The Sims (any)
-Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Leaf Green/Fire Red
-Super Mario Bros. 3
-Sonic Adventure

I also really like watching playthroughs of the Shenmue series (1-3) but haven't yet played them myself! And I'm about to dive into TLOZ: BOTW and TOTK
Back to top Go down
https://cycyanart.carrd.co/
yugocar

yugocar

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2023 3:48 pm

BraveCrab wrote:
yugocar wrote:

Have you tried The Outer Worlds? It's by the devs who made Fallout New Vegas, and it's still fairly Fallout-esque, just switch post-apocalpse for deep-space corporate colonies. Each planet is more of a contained environment so it feels a bit more concise than massive open worlds.

yes! it was an interesting cross between the two, like you said - slightly more contained environment in an open world-esque approach. i liked that element particularly, and liked the game overall! i do remember missing something in terms of the narrative/story, which is my favorite part of any game, but its been a minute since i played it so i dont remember everything about the experience :')
Back to top Go down
DesDemonical

DesDemonical

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2023 5:49 pm

itsacoffin wrote:
might sounds like a generic answer but honestly, undertale is one of our favorite games ever. we like indie horrors so yume nikki and OFF are also there too <3

we havent finished playing all of the ace attorney games but its literally so good, we especially love the spinoff ace attorney investigation (even tho we still havent finished it yet lol) love the game mechanic and of course all the silly characters and truly a slut for solving mysteries Very Happy

I fucking love Undertale and OFF! I also have recently started playing the ace attorney games, enjoying them so far!
Back to top Go down
DesDemonical

DesDemonical

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2023 5:50 pm

Hmm other than OFF and Undertale I'm a big zelda fan, fave game is probably Link's awakening followed by WindWaker. Really enjoyed the megaman battle network and megaman Zero games growing up :> used to be a big pokemon fan but have been disappointed by later entries. Started playing lots of pokemon ROM hacks :>
Back to top Go down
itsacoffin

itsacoffin

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2023 6:16 pm

omg yeah we got a buncha fav from zelda too... we loveeeeee ocarina of time and majoras mask and also twilight princess. oot is so good...
Back to top Go down
ocpdzim

ocpdzim

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 3:06 pm

One of my favorite games of all time is Hades, but I had to stop playing it because I injured my wrists from playing it too much and now it causes a flareup every time I try to play it, so I have to save it for special occasions when it's OK to take it easy for a few days afterwards Crying or Very sad I've got 249.2 hours logged on it. It's the only fast-paced combat game I've ever actually been good at.

Other favorites are Dwarf Fortress, Pokemon Conquest, Minecraft, Slime Rancher, and Stardew Valley.
Back to top Go down
https://ocpdzim.neocities.org/
wintercoal

wintercoal

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2023 3:56 am

hooooh boy there's a lot for me ^^; they're listed below in no particular order
-----

-Splatoon 2
-Splatoon 3
-Legend of Zelda (Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword (though I haven't finished the last two)
-The Nancy Drew point-and-click mystery games! I grew up with these, and my first one (and the one closest to my heart) is Nancy Drew: The Final Scene. Some of my other favorites are Alibi in Ashes, Shadow at the Water's Edge, and Curse of Blackmoor Manor.
-Katamari Damacy
-Taiko no Tatsujin
-The Sims
-Stardew Valley
-Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
-TES V: Skyrim
-Cooking Mama (Namely Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with friends, but I've heard the original is good as well.)
-Tetris
-Pokemon (Violet, Arceus (I'm very new to the series))
-Animal Crossing  (New Horizons, but I'd love to get into some of the older ones!)
-Sonic Colors
-Paper Mario (Super, but I want to try the first two as well)
-Mario Galaxy

MumiMoondrops likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/wintercoal
fera

fera

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2023 4:32 pm

the first two Oddworld games are probably my all-time favourites. I really enjoy step-platformers and they're the peak of the genre to me. amazing art design and atmosphere, really well-designed levels, I'm obsessed with its world as well.

Hollow Knight is about as close to a perfect game as I can think of. it's the bar to beat in the search-action genre imo, tightly-designed and my favourite game map in an exploritory game. I also appreciate how much side content there is that is not necessary for progression, giving the player plenty of option in what challenges they choose to take.

I love the soulsborne games and can talk about them for hours and hours but in a quick summary I probably wouldn't say much that you haven't heard before. my favourite out of them is DS2 as I think there's a very big range of options available to character build customization, and while the connectivity between levels isn't quite as interesting as DS1, I think it has some of the best designed individual areas in the series. I love the ziggurat in the sunken king dlc.

Night in the Woods is very special to me, it's the first time I really felt "represented" in a piece of media. I have had some of the same conversations with ppl as Mae has, almost word-for-word in some cases. I can recommend this game to pretty much anyone.

Fallout 1 is probably my favourite narrative in a video game. most of that is down to the Master, who's probably my favourite villain from anything. an RPG that really sucks me into the role, rather than feeling just like an avatar with stats.

I really love detective games, as in the mechanical genre where puzzles are based on understanding what to do with information rather than items like in a traditional point-and-click adventure. sadly it's a genre that's both lacking, and very difficult to search for, as looking for "detective games" doesn't differentiate these days between the specific genre and "games with a detective in it". Return of the Obra Dinn therefore was an absolute blessing to me, not just for being one of the few modern detective games, but by being an excellent one that sets a new bar. the questions are always the same: "who is this person?", "how did they die?", and "who/what killed them?". this gets rid of all obfuscation of what you should be looking for, meaning the design has been well-focused on a range of ways to convey that information to you, and it feels very good to figure things out, very little process-of-elimination required.

Yume Nikki is another special one to me, I was one of those queers who started a lot of their gender discovery through this game. also one of the first avant-garde games I got sucked into, made me realise just how much potential there is in narative styles told through the format of games. heavily inspiring game to me.

Myst was one of the first video games I ever played (maybe the very first, I'm not sure) so I have a lot of fond memories of trying to piece it all together. I even had someone else's old notes from an unfinished playthrough and that was a very formative experience to me, trying to work off past clues and fill in the gaps myself. felt very indiana jones to play the game that way.

definitely an incomplete list but these are a lot of the ones I have much to say about. I also really enjoy the crash bandicoot, spyro, ratchet & clank, silent hill, and rayman series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favourite games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite games?   Favourite games? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite games?
Page 1 of 1