Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Let's Make A Zine Together!

Go down 
+2
Totel
ocpdzim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ocpdzim

ocpdzim

Let's Make A Zine Together!  Empty
PostSubject: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 6:59 am

I would like to try making a zine, but I don't have many ideas for content... What I do have, though, is Affinity Publisher and experience using it to make professional magazines from multiple people's submissions. I like doing it, and I'm fast! For a zine I'd like to experiment with a rougher around the edges style than what I've used for professional stuff, though, and ideally it wouldn't be 100 pages.

So, with that in mind, I'd like to see if we can arrange to make a zine together, as members of this forum. I don't have a specific topic I'm dead set on, but I do have a couple ideas. Please let me know if you're interested in any of them, or if you have ideas of your own!

My possible zine ideas:
  • Zine for everyone to submit art and writing of their own OCs
  • Tutorial zine where everyone submits their own tutorials for something they know how to do
  • Fandom zine - I think we all know what these are, but the main challenge would be figuring out a fandom enough people here are into to make a full zine.

Whatever topic we decide on, I think I'd take submissions either in a forum thread or through a google form (feel free to weigh in on which you think would be better) and put them all in the zine so long as they followed submission rules (which I'd need to write up, but they wouldn't be super restrictive).

TOPIC DECIDED for our first zine! Link to thread where you can read more and submit work

Last edited by ocpdzim on Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

MumiMoondrops and PixelPuyodot like this post

Back to top Go down
https://ocpdzim.neocities.org/
Totel
Admin
Totel

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 12:21 pm

woah, i love this idea! :'D

maybe the question of anarchy itself would be interesting, as an art-anarchy zine? like thoughts on social justice, imperialism, etc etc.
though i also realize it might not be everyone's cup of tea haha. 😅

ocpdzim likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
ocpdzim

ocpdzim

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 9:27 pm

Totel wrote:
woah, i love this idea! :'D

maybe the question of anarchy itself would be interesting, as an art-anarchy zine? like thoughts on social justice, imperialism, etc etc.
though i also realize it might not be everyone's cup of tea haha. 😅

Yes, that definitely sounds interesting!!! I would have a lot of fun with it if everyone else would.

Do you know if Forumotion supports polls? That might be the best way to figure out what type of zine to make out of all our ideas.
Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 12:30 am

you can set up polls on forumotion, but i think it varies from forum to forum if they're enabled + who has perms to use them!

ocpdzim likes this post

Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 8:19 am

ocpdzim wrote:

Yes, that definitely sounds interesting!!! I would have a lot of fun with it if everyone else would.

Do you know if Forumotion supports polls? That might be the best way to figure out what type of zine to make out of all our ideas.

yeah, but they gotta be in the first post, afaik Razz

ocpdzim likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
ocpdzim

ocpdzim

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 4:27 pm

Totel wrote:
ocpdzim wrote:

yeah, but they gotta be in the first post, afaik Razz

In that case, I’ll wait a few days in case anyone else comes up with ideas, and then put everybody’s zine ideas up for poll in a new post!

MumiMoondrops likes this post

Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 1:17 am

i think the art anarchy zine idea that Totel mentioned would be very cool! however i'd like to add onto it:
the previously mentioned themes + the issue of web collapse and the push for web revival, as well as perhaps incorporating those themes together :O since that's part of this forum's goals/theming

ocpdzim likes this post

Back to top Go down
ocpdzim

ocpdzim

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 3:01 am

MumiMoondrops wrote:
i think the art anarchy zine idea that Totel mentioned would be very cool! however i'd like to add onto it:
the previously mentioned themes + the issue of web collapse and the push for web revival, as well as perhaps incorporating those themes together :O since that's part of this forum's goals/theming

I think that's a great idea!!!

Back to top Go down
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 3:40 am

I'd be keen to contribute to a zine. I think it would be cool to do an art zine, but to set a general theme/prompt to have artists/poets/writers create a new piece for the zine.

MumiMoondrops and ocpdzim like this post

Back to top Go down
https://horroreveryday.com
wintercoal

wintercoal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2023 3:21 am

MumiMoondrops wrote:

I really like the idea of art anarchy as a zine theme! I'd be interested in participating as well, if I could find the time! I also think it calls back to the punk and activism roots that zines themselves have!

MumiMoondrops and ocpdzim like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/wintercoal
PixelPuyodot

PixelPuyodot

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 4:18 pm

late reply, but definitely intrigued about the concept of an art anarchy/internet renewal zine too and would love to participate if it comes to fruition.
alternatively, calling back to the first post, i also think something simple like a tutorial zine could be great for sharing ideas and strengthening the community here Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ocpdzim

ocpdzim

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 3:30 am

PixelPuyodot wrote:
late reply, but definitely intrigued about the concept of an art anarchy/internet renewal zine too and would love to participate if it comes to fruition.
alternatively, calling back to the first post, i also think something simple like a tutorial zine could be great for sharing ideas and strengthening the community here Very Happy

A lot of people have shown interest in the art anarchy idea so I think I'll probably set that up first, but there's no reason why we couldn't do more different ones afterwards if it went well!!! Don't worry about the late reply, I have been sort of waiting to see if more people respond! At this point, though, I should probably start working on logistics since there's a decent amount of interest.

Back to top Go down
ocpdzim

ocpdzim

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2023 11:40 pm

I have gone ahead and made a thread for an Art Anarchy themed zine! Please follow the link to see it and submit work.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Make A Zine Together!    Let's Make A Zine Together!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Make A Zine Together!
Page 1 of 1