Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Zines section of Creative Zone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cycyanart

cycyanart

Zines section of Creative Zone? Empty
PostSubject: Zines section of Creative Zone?   Zines section of Creative Zone? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 8:42 pm

Hi all!

My name is Cy, and I'm new here. I was wondering if there would ever be a Zines section in the Creative Zone, as a lot of zines combine a lot of art forms (and it would be cool to share resources and share our zines with each other)!

I'm not sure how many other zinesters are on here (and I'm not sure if there's a better area to post this) but I just thought I'd mention it! Smile

Nice to be here!

-Cy (they/them)

BraveCrab likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://cycyanart.carrd.co/
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

PostSubject: Re: Zines section of Creative Zone?   Zines section of Creative Zone? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 9:38 pm

I'd be keen for that, zines are fun.
Back to top Go down
https://horroreveryday.com
cycyanart

cycyanart

PostSubject: Re: Zines section of Creative Zone?   Zines section of Creative Zone? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 7:20 am

BraveCrab wrote:
I'd be keen for that, zines are fun.

Awesome! What kinds of zines do you enjoy? I really like indie comic zines but generally any kind of zines are cool! I think informative zines are delightful and casual too
Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

PostSubject: Re: Zines section of Creative Zone?   Zines section of Creative Zone? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 9:54 am

cycyanart wrote:
Hi all!

My name is Cy, and I'm new here. I was wondering if there would ever be a Zines section in the Creative Zone, as a lot of zines combine a lot of art forms (and it would be cool to share resources and share our zines with each other)!

I'm not sure how many other zinesters are on here (and I'm not sure if there's a better area to post this) but I just thought I'd mention it!  Smile

Nice to be here!

-Cy (they/them)

as a fellow zine loving person, i love the idea! i'll add it, under 'art'. lol!

Last edited by Totel on Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

PostSubject: Re: Zines section of Creative Zone?   Zines section of Creative Zone? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 9:59 am

cycyanart wrote:
Awesome! What kinds of zines do you enjoy? I really like indie comic zines but generally any kind of zines are cool! I think informative zines are delightful and casual too

I like all kinds of zines, although I do love indie comics a lot. I've made a couple zines of my own, a little indie comic, and a collection of short stories. I always mean to make more zines, I really should buy a printer...
Back to top Go down
https://horroreveryday.com

PostSubject: Re: Zines section of Creative Zone?   Zines section of Creative Zone? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 6:02 pm

I have a subscription to InDesign and I know how to use it, if we wanted to make print copies available.

I also have a small publishing company and I occasionally take stuff to cons. I like promoting ppl.
Back to top Go down
cycyanart

cycyanart

PostSubject: Re: Zines section of Creative Zone?   Zines section of Creative Zone? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 8:19 pm

Totel wrote:

as a fellow zine loving person, i love the idea! i'll add it, under 'art'. lol!

Wonderful - thank you! Smile much appreciated

BraveCrab wrote:

I like all kinds of zines, although I do love indie comics a lot. I've made a couple zines of my own, a little indie comic, and a collection of short stories. I always mean to make more zines, I really should buy a printer...

oh cool!! that's so awesome Smile I've made a few perzines with doodles, am working on comic ones, and I've also made a zine that's a compilation of things I've found in library books. I've so far been able to print mine at work for a reduced price/sometimes free (as I'm lucky to work in a library). I know ink cartridges can be expensive, so I've avoided buying a printer myself. I might change my mind if I find an affordable, used laser printer? I've heard those are better in the long one for print quality and financially

kairaloi wrote:
I have a subscription to InDesign and I know how to use it, if we wanted to make print copies available.

I also have a small publishing company and I occasionally take stuff to cons. I like promoting ppl.

oh that's so cool!! I only have access to Microsoft Publisher, so that's what I've used - InDesign sounds so handy! If folks ever want to collaborate on a zine or something that's really cool of you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zines section of Creative Zone?   Zines section of Creative Zone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zines section of Creative Zone?
Page 1 of 1