Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Study Zone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raecaw

Raecaw

Study Zone Empty
PostSubject: Study Zone   Study Zone I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 10:38 am

Hey y'all!

I've just gone back to uni so I figured I'd make a thread where we can chat about whatever we may be studying (and complain about our lecturers)

Are you studying anything? Taking a regular class? Still in school? Come my friend and complain about the mutual pain and euphoria that comes with learning new things.

I'm studying Cyber Security at university - I'm technically in my third year, but I'm studying part-time so I'm actually just 2/3 way through a three year course LMAO

It's a lot of fun! except my current unit is a project management unit so it's very....... capitalistic... ewwie...
I thoroughly enjoyed last semester where I got to learn Bash programming language and write up some scripts. I made an automatic PDF downloader!
Programming is wild because it makes you wanna pull your eyelids off when something doesn't work, but once you solve the puzzle it's euphoria like no other.

Also - I started studying this so I could get a job in tech, but i ended up getting that job before i graduated LOL Embarassed I gotta say it's hard to stay motivated when I already got the job, but my boss was kind enough to give me the graduate salary before I graduated, so i guess i gotta now Razz
Back to top Go down
xX_stukagoggles_Xx

xX_stukagoggles_Xx

Study Zone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Zone   Study Zone I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2023 1:07 pm

Just the threat i was looking for! I love you i'm currently procrastinating from studying lmaoo, browsing forums is excellent for that Razz

first off: MAD respect for you to study part-time cheers also cyber security sounds so interesting, i guess it's a field in which you always have to update your knowledge because things are changing rapidly?

right now, i'm three (3) days shy of graduating as a Diplom-Finanzwirt (the closest translation i've found was Master of Fiscal Affairs). i passed the written finals in june and now i just have to survive the oral exam on monday Shocked the degree is p hard to get in germany - we have one of the most complicated tax laws in the world - and boy i'm proud and relieved that i've rushed through it in 3 years.

i wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't a very specific kind of freak (affectionate), though. i've had a lot of fun in those 6 semesters but the pressure they out on you is also extremely high pale
---
my favourite quote from a lecturer as a reaction to a fellow student complaining about the courses being so damn hard: "ladies and gentlemen, if you were looking for an easy degree you should've become an attorney for criminal law. murder is murder, tax law is much more refined."
Back to top Go down

Study Zone
Page 1 of 1