Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Godot thread?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chroma

Godot thread? Empty
PostSubject: Godot thread?   Godot thread? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 4:40 am

Hello!

looking through some of the other threads here it seems like a few folks are interested in learning more about godot dev? I've been meaning to check it out again myself after taking a look a few years ago and it seeming a little underdeveloped. I know a few people who are migrating after the shit yoyo games have been pulling recently.

Probably gonna pull up some guides and documentation in a bit. but yeah if you're interested i say lets get some question/answer and process posting type shit going on in here!

MumiMoondrops likes this post

Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

Godot thread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godot thread?   Godot thread? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 6:22 am

i'm a lil tired so i can't give a full infodump but yes! this is such a great thread genuinely, i've been trying to learn godot so this is awesome :O

tomorrow if i'm not too tired i'll try to share some tutorials and resources i've found on youtube over the past year ^^

chroma likes this post

Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

Godot thread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godot thread?   Godot thread? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 8:50 am

MumiMoondrops wrote:
i'm a lil tired so i can't give a full infodump but yes! this is such a great thread genuinely, i've been trying to learn godot so this is awesome :O

tomorrow if i'm not too tired i'll try to share some tutorials and resources i've found on youtube over the past year ^^

OOOH I'D LOVE SO MUCH IF YOU DID!!!
Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

Godot thread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godot thread?   Godot thread? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2023 10:28 pm

so i will give a forewarning! since Godot has updated to Version 4.0 very recently, many of these tutorials, resources, etc. might not work normally anymore. you might need to mess around with them or test some things to get them to work.
  • The Godot Documentation. This one's pretty obvious, but always good to keep around!
  • A beginner resource on learning to code with GDScript. This is good if you're at the real basic beginnings, or if you just need a refresher on syntax + basics.
  • If you're making a 3D game, but want to make maps for it easily, I'd suggest using the Qodot (Quake + Godot) Addon. What it does is allow you to use Quake Engine map files in Godot. This means you can make maps with a software called Trenchbroom, which can oftentimes be easier than trying to make them from scratch in Blender! This video is a good run-down and tutorial of getting started with it + gives examples on what you can do with it. I am unsure if it has been updated to 4.0 yet.
  • If you need custom cursors, cursors that change based on action, etc. in your game, this tutorial is for you.
  • A neat tutorial on making Mario Galaxy style gravity movement.

i'll add some more sometime later but for now, enjoy these ^^

chroma and fera like this post

Back to top Go down
chroma

Godot thread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godot thread?   Godot thread? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2023 8:40 am

Thank you so much for this Mumi!

Long week had delayed my exploration of all this, but I will surely dig in soon enough and get into some sort of silly project. I've been hankering to create a clicker/idler game that doesn't sucks as of recent. Seems like so many of them do, yet the genre clearly has so much genuine potential!!

MumiMoondrops likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Godot thread? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godot thread?   Godot thread? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godot thread?
Page 1 of 1