Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Books on writing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Totel
Admin
Totel

writing - Books on writing Empty
PostSubject: Books on writing   writing - Books on writing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 5:29 pm

A thread to discuss books on writing.
Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
wormie

wormie

PostSubject: Re: Books on writing   writing - Books on writing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 6:05 pm

Cannot recommend Jeff Vandermeer’s Wonderbook enough! It’s a creative writing Bible and it’s absolutely excellent
Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

PostSubject: Re: Books on writing   writing - Books on writing I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 6:39 pm

surprisingly, one of the BEST books on writing i've read is anything by R.A.Paterson, but especially his "How to write manga". I mean, he also has books on lightnovels and movies, tho it's more or less same things just repackaged.

but he is great at relaying the point simply and in an engaging matter, so i recc it to anyone!

(i'll check how to pirate kindle books so i can post what i have here lol. Feel free to share links on books you got and i'll put them in the first post!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books on writing   writing - Books on writing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 4:55 am

Save the Cat Writes a Novel
Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

PostSubject: Re: Books on writing   writing - Books on writing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 8:05 am

kairaloi wrote:
Save the Cat Writes a Novel

oh yes, that's the classic! my friend, a professional writer, always reccs the save the cat books to new writers. great info for any beginner or professional.

i'mma see in my archives if i can get it in epub or pdf format for everyone. bounce
Back to top Go down
PixelPuyodot

PixelPuyodot

PostSubject: Re: Books on writing   writing - Books on writing I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 9:09 pm

dunno if this counts but i finally finished reading araki's "manga in theory and practice" a few days ago, and i think it's certainly a good guide on the beginnings middles and ends of developing good comics within both writing and art design
Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

PostSubject: Re: Books on writing   writing - Books on writing I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 1:26 pm

PixelPuyodot wrote:
dunno if this counts but i finally finished reading araki's "manga in theory and practice" a few days ago, and i think it's certainly a good guide on the beginnings middles and ends of developing good comics within both writing and art design

omg what a coincidence! my sister had gifted it to me like 2-3 years ago, and i thought i had lost it. but she found it literally 3 days ago
time to reread it when i come home lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books on writing   writing - Books on writing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books on writing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Art Anarchy :: Creative zone :: Writing-
Jump to: