Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Homestuck

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Totel
Admin
Totel

Homestuck Empty
PostSubject: Homestuck   Homestuck I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 5:14 pm

Are y'all really surprised to hear that the admin is an old Homestuck trash?

Anyway, a Homestuck thread.
Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
Raecaw

Raecaw

Homestuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homestuck   Homestuck I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 2:55 am

hi welcome to the homestuck zone i was also a fan

when and how did yall get into homestuck? I managed to jump on during the pause before Cascade came out so I had time to read through while there were no big upd8's.
I found out about homestuck from Kylee Henke, an artist I followed from deviantart. I also discovered anime from her - I have a lot to thank Kylee for

fun fact: Act 6 Intermission 3 was released while I was moving to Australia. I played it in Heathrow Airport in the departure terminal to calm my nerves about moving to the other side of the world.

I'm thinking of attempting a re-read at some point, I've honestly only read homestuck once lmao
Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

Homestuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homestuck   Homestuck I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 7:45 am

it was actually @tahwarts who got me into homestuck. Basketball

this is totally a vriska-apologist forum. anyone who hates her is BANNED (just kidding just kidding)

also i've been wanting to reread homestuck too lol, i actually started to. and it's just so... it used to be SO GOOD. before it started pandering to the readers in final acts. like suddenly everyone had depression??? and it used to be just a silly weird comic about kids being friends and playing a game.

i will never stop being pissed off about dave's "oh my bro ABUSED ME" when it was this just funny joke of them having fights w shitty swords. >:/
Back to top Go down
LoLonoid

LoLonoid

Homestuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homestuck   Homestuck I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 8:35 am

Homestuck... bounce bounce that thing has it's faults but i still love it. its so unique.
i got into it by watching random videos on youtube, lol, i saw an old animation with the trolls and the designs caught my eye so much i had to try it. sigh, almost ten years ago Shocked

i dont care much about vriscourse so for now the forum is safe from endless fighting threads over her, LOL. shes a nice character. ::::::::]

i dont think ive heard anyone say the later acts pander to the fans, in what way? i will agree that the first five acts have such a different energy, in some ways a better one Neutral i would need to prepare myself to engage in an act 6 debate tho LOL, complex.

the dave's bro thing is a mixed bag, i feel like its interesting because i like the guardians being portrayed as weird, maybe morally grey figures (i guess except egbert ones, but egbert is kinda like the average joe at the start) that play weird roles in the kids lives, i feel like the mistreatment of dave is something worth looking back into because i feel like it was already affecting him early on the story...but i will agree its like, most likely not the original intent at all, and i do think its slighty whatever when fans make the sob story aspect of it the entire personality of both characters when it could be more interesting. i hope that doesnt sound too bad, i dont think i worded it correctly.
of course im just saying stuff, i dont think im a person thats good at interpreting stories or characters, im just kinda like here, so i may be saying stupid stuff Razz

and gosh i probably talked too much, im a big HS nerd lihkg-pixel
Back to top Go down
cycyanart

cycyanart

Homestuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homestuck   Homestuck I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 7:53 am

Woooah I'm an old homestuck fan! though I jumped in around late 2012, I had a bunch of friends who were into it! I have a friend who still really enjoys it, he likes reading it/watching youtube videos of it periodically - goodness I wish I could reread it in it's original flash format. if anyone has any hot tips on if that's possible in any way?? (same for any of the other MSPA webcomics) because as far as I know it's just not available like it was

Basically I would LOVE to re-read it with my adult brain and see how I like it now, what kinds of criticisms I have of it, etc. It would make it easier to jump back in and see what other folks are saying about it while having the full context. I'd watch videos (I'm sure there are many?) but I really would prefer to take in the source material. I dropped off around 2013-2014 I think? I never ended up finishing it, and I don't quite remember where I left off. I really enjoyed it's mixture of chat logs, art, games, animations... it was very engaging! I think it would be a really interesting series to hear people do analysis and breakdowns on, seeing how long, convoluted and full of characters it is.

Back in the day I attended semi-regular events held by a local homestuck fan group, there was cosplay/casual cosplay, food/snacks, general fun activities. I didn't fully remember how many characters I cosplayed as until I was going through some old photos! Probably the most cosplays I did from one single fandom. I still have some of my old troll shirts I painted packed away in my sentimental storage. I remember I spent 7 hours one day at a convention in a hotel room just applying and properly seeing grey ben nye makeup to fellow homestuck friends and myself so we wouldn't leave grey paint all over the place Laughing

Funniest thing as of late that happened was I met an artist and was exchanging social media, and they saw my profile pic and the first thing they said was "did you read homestuck?" and before that point I never considered that homestuck affected me creatively but yknow it totally did lmaooo
Back to top Go down
https://cycyanart.carrd.co/
nepeta45

nepeta45

Homestuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homestuck   Homestuck I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 11:33 pm

Honestly, it's pretty sad that Homestuck has such an unfortunate reputation despite the fact that it was pretty revolutionary...
Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

Homestuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homestuck   Homestuck I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 12:24 pm

nepeta45 wrote:
Honestly, it's pretty sad that Homestuck has such an unfortunate reputation despite the fact that it was pretty revolutionary...

haha, i see you, nepeta fan lol!

yeah, it really was revolutionary. the ending and endless hiatuses were what made its downfall, imho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homestuck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homestuck   Homestuck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homestuck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Art Anarchy :: Lounge :: Fandoms-
Jump to: