Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Legend of Zelda

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChronicVillainy

ChronicVillainy

Legend of Zelda Empty
PostSubject: Legend of Zelda   Legend of Zelda I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2023 7:03 pm

Any Legend of Zelda fans here? Which game is your favorite? Do you like the new direction the franchise is taking with BotW/TotK or do you prefer the traditional Zelda games?

My favorite Zelda is Majora's Mask. Ocarina of Time was my first and replayed it a ton of times. I've played Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, The Minish Cap, A Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild, and the Switch remake of Link's Awakening since then.

Though I enjoyed BotW despite its flaws, I do feel TotK (which I'm playing right now) is a very mixed bag. Though expected, I'm not sure how I feel with Zelda going into this direction.

Last edited by ChronicVillainy on Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/ChronicVillainy
Raecaw

Raecaw

Legend of Zelda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda   Legend of Zelda I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 10:30 am

I've managed to completely dodge LOZ throughout my life, but funnily enough I've been watching Griffin Mcelroy's Trial by Fieri series where he plays Link to the Past but with a mod that puts every npc and item in random places and he dies in one hit. It's been making me want to plat LTTP honestly LMAO

I was waiting for BotW to be lowered in price before I bought it but i stg it stayed at $90 even as a 4-5 year old game :angery: I ended up buying it for my partner to play on the plane journey back to his house, and he took my switch along with LMAO i guess I'll play BotW when he comes back to my country bounce

I've heard good things about Ocarina of Time - I'd definitely like to get into all the games. Is there any chronological order or can I just jump in?
Back to top Go down
ChronicVillainy

ChronicVillainy

Legend of Zelda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda   Legend of Zelda I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 11:36 am

Yeah first party Nintendo games don't tend to lower in price, sadly. Sad Zelda games will remain expensive. 

There is timeline that's different from the release order. In that timeline, Skyward Sword is technically the first but I wouldn't recommend that as a first Zelda game. The gameplay is a bit gimmicky with the Wii remote (though they adjusted the Switch version, but it's still gimmicky from what I've heard). Also note that the older games, especially the two first ones (Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link), are really tough. 

That said, you can pretty much jump in whenever, but Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, and both Oracle games are connected. Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to the Wind Waker.  

Of the 3D Zelda games, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess are good choices. Especially Ocarina of Time, which was the starting point for a lot of people. Of the 2D ones, a lot of people love A Link to the Past (though I personally don't), but you can also pick up A Link Between Worlds which is a bit more beginner-friendly I think.
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/ChronicVillainy
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

Legend of Zelda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda   Legend of Zelda I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2023 3:43 am

I'm a long time Zelda fan, with my first game being Ocarina of Time. I've mostly played the Console/3D games. My favourite is Majora's Mask. I do love both BotW and TotK, however I do have some critiques, mostly just regarding dungeon design and a wish for more varied npc interactions.
Back to top Go down
https://horroreveryday.com
Sponsored content

Legend of Zelda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda   Legend of Zelda I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda
Page 1 of 1