Art Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an artist? Writer? Musician? Or maybe just a creativity appreciator who likes to support others. Do you want to take the web back from the hands of CEOs and social media and algorithms? Join us. Let's revive the web.

HomePortalCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Dungeons and Dragons

Go down 
+2
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)
MumiMoondrops
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duck

Duck

Dungeons and Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 12:46 am

How long have you been playing? What edition did you start with? Do you have a favorite class? Do you have a LEAST favorite class?
If you’re in a campaign right now, tell me about your PC! I absolutely LOOOOVE hearing about other people’s characters! Did you have an inspiration when creating them? If you have a visual reference for them, do they have a specific style of fashion that they wear, or something that you based their outfit off of? What do you wish you had done differently in character creation?

I’ll start! I’ve been playing since 3.5e, but I’ve mostly played 5e. We had a curse of Strahd campaign that went on for years, and I had an absolute blast with it, best campaign I’ve ever played in. I normally play martial fighters(specifically Barbarians, damage reduction ftw), but recently I’ve branched out to a Drow Bard-lock named Nova. Her outfit was inspired by Josephine Montilyet from Dragon Age(ridiculous poofy sleeves), and her hairstyle was inspired by seeing a friend light a scented candle right after spraying a bunch of hairspray in her hair and burning most of it off (yes, really).
I’m not comfortable with spellcasters yet, it feels very unnatural to NOT get hit and I’m regretting not multiclassing with a martial class instead. Still having fun though, the people I play with are great!

MumiMoondrops likes this post

Back to top Go down
Duck

Duck

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 1:01 am

Dungeons and Dragons Img_0510
Nova tax! I should also say that I’ve rolled more nat 1’s with her than any character I’ve ever played ever. Another player has a counter going of how many nat 1’s she rolls and how many of her rolls are below 10, I’ll bother him to send it to me.
Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 1:03 am

walks in here excitedly-

So I'm actually the forever-dm of my group of friends! We started playing around 2020 (we had first met in 2019) but I was curious about D&D way before that, just never really had the people to look into it with. It's been really fun! I love worldbuilding and making worlds people can get lost and immersed in, so it's been a blast for me. I always try to give my party lots of options for potential side-quests or whatnot, but surprisingly enough they prefer to stick to the main storyline ^^

I haven't played much as a player (all of the campaigns I joined as a player either ended after the first session, or never came to fruition) but I have to say I love just sorta... experimenting with fun little character ideas? Like, I prefer focusing on roleplay over building the best-possible-build, so I love to try new things. Hopefully I'll find a campaign or a friend will start a campaign that doesn't collapse (one can hope!).

I haven't gotten a chance to use him yet, but I have a player character I want to use eventually. His name is Kiwal and he's an owlin (technically, he's an avian, but I chose the bird species from official races that fit him best!) monk who was raised by sailors. He's a big believer of the power of friendship and is overall simply a nice little dude.
Back to top Go down
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 1:04 am

Duck wrote:
Dungeons and Dragons Img_0510
Nova tax! I should also say that I’ve rolled more nat 1’s with her than any character I’ve ever played ever. Another player has a counter going of how many nat 1’s she rolls and how many of her rolls are below 10, I’ll bother him to send it to me.
Ooh, I love her design! Especially the pattern on the skirt, it's so fun!!
Back to top Go down
Duck

Duck

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 1:29 am

MumiMoondrops wrote:
So I'm actually the forever-dm of my group of friends!
Bless you, forever DM, and everyone like you.
MumiMoondrops wrote:
His name is Kiwal and he's an owlin (technically, he's an avian, but I chose the bird species from official races that fit him best!) monk who was raised by sailors.
I love this idea! Very strong visual, owl, monk, raised by sailors. And I really just dig any character who boils down to a “silly little guy”!

Back to top Go down
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)
Meow Meow Vampyr
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 1:37 am

Nova looks so cool!!
I love the juxtaposition of a fancy gown with her short hair and cool sunglasses and piercings

I've only been playing for a really short time, I never thought I'd get a chance but then my brother decided he wanted to try out being a DM and he'd host the games in our kitchen, so I figured that if I ever got a chance to play D&D that would be it!

We only had like two or three sessions at this point (my brother had finals so we had to take a break for a while), so I'm really still just getting used to it, but I've been really enjoying it so far!
We're playing 5e and the campaign is Dragon Heist. We're playing as a gang so our characters are pretty morally grey.

Because I'm a complete newbie I decided to go with a tankier class so I wouldn't be killed immediately. I am not very interested in playing a magic class, since they seem way too complex and my brain just in general has a hard time staying on top of all the effects and magic points and whatnot lmao. I want to try a rouge at some point, but it's heavy hitters (and heavy damage takers) for me for now.
We did a test one-shot first and I went with a barbarian, but for the main campaign, I decided to switch to a fighter of echo knight variety.

His name is Ezra and he's a hobgoblin!
I wanted a race that looks fun and the moment I saw the bright red of a hobgoblin I was sold lmao.
He wields dual khopesh swords, inspired by Death in Puss in Boots 2 and his dual scythes. I'm into fashion so I wanted to make him look cool by modern fashion standards but still somewhat aesthetically tied to the D&D world, so this is what he ended up looking as;

Dungeons and Dragons 62169378_ydmE0GapxgRMWbO

He has a weird morally grey thing going on where he was basically raised by criminals and it's completely natural for him to kill and steal, but at the same time, he views it as a job and so doesn't see himself as a bad person for 'just doing his job'.
He doesn't want to hurt people who he believes don't deserve it for whatever reason, and would go as far to protect them if he finds it necessary.
His default behaviour towards people is generally respectful and often even nice, and he generally believes most people are good, but he has a hard stance against second chances if his trust is broken.

He's an extremely loyal team mate and would instinctively immediately jump into danger to help them (he definitely acts before he thinks).

One of the other players has a little goblin monk who was found by the gang as a baby and Ezra and another gang member basically raised him. They have a very good parental-sibling-ish relationship going on lmao

Back to top Go down
https://neonufo.carrd.co/
Duck

Duck

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 3:47 am

neonUFO (tiredsleepy) wrote:
Nova looks so cool!!
I love the juxtaposition of a fancy gown with her short hair and cool sunglasses and piercings
Thank you so much!! She’s meant to look like a wizard-academy dropout

We're playing as a gang so our characters are pretty morally grey.
I looove that party hook, it’s so fun to be a group of criminals and I feel like it opens the world up a bit for players to get creative.

Dungeons and Dragons 62169378_ydmE0GapxgRMWbO
YO
YOOOOOOOOO
HE’S FUCKIN SICK… I’m obsessed with your style!! The shapes! The dynamic lines! The layering of the outfit!!!!!!! 100/10 absolute knockout of a design, I would read a comic about him in a heartbeat.

One of the other players has a little goblin monk who was found by the gang as a baby and Ezra and another gang member basically raised him. They have a very good parental-sibling-ish relationship going on lmao
that’s really sweet and I love it for a party dynamic!

Back to top Go down
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)
Meow Meow Vampyr
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2023 6:20 pm

Duck wrote:
///

Nova def has a punky feel to her lmao i can def see her as a dropout
rip living in a fantasy world she would've loved vivianne westwood

And thank you!! <3
I imagine Ezra caring quite a bit about how he looks, wearing cool makeup warpaint and all lmao
He has a Vision of cool outfits and by gods he will pursue it

Also while it doesn't feature Ezra, I am currently actually working on a comic script :3c

Back to top Go down
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 12:40 am

I've been playing off and on since my teen years, but the current campaign has been the longest I've played and it's been going on maybe about 3 years now. We're all half-elf bards who share a promiscuous elf father. Our bard band is called Daddy Issues and we mostly do quests around the Fae Wild.

My character, Mushroom Twigsberry, is half-human half-elf, a complete hippie wanderer type. She lives by the motto "think less" (very chaotic neutral), and has a complete obsession with hags. She's an acolyte of Silvanus, and recently made the terrible decision to trade her heart for an artifical heart to a hag to fix a blood curse, and it's not going so well.

Back to top Go down
https://horroreveryday.com
Duck

Duck

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 1:45 am

BraveCrab wrote:
We're all half-elf bards who share a promiscuous elf father. Our bard band is called Daddy Issues and we mostly do quests around the Fae Wild.
All half elf bards? Incredible, and a hilarious reason to form an adventuring party lmao. How does the party balance out? I’m sure you all fill a different bard niche

BraveCrab wrote:
artifical heart to a hag to fix a blood curse, and it's not going so well.
I love that solution, get rid of the heart and you don’t have to deal with a curse anymore right? Wrong, now you have to deal with a hag, lol

Back to top Go down
Duck

Duck

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 2:00 am

she would've loved vivianne westwood
Okay, I had to look up who vivianne westwood is but you’re so right and now I need to draw her in one of these designs

Also Ezra’s warpaint is SO COOL… he looks tough as hell and I’m definitely not imagining him spending an hour in front of a mirror meticulously applying it every day.

Back to top Go down
BraveCrab

BraveCrab

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 2:41 am

Duck wrote:

All half elf bards? Incredible, and a hilarious reason to form an adventuring party lmao. How does the party balance out?

Not really sure that we do balance out, but that's part of the fun. A lot of combat has resulted in life or death situations, and there's been plenty times we've taken more unusual solutions instead of combat, like entertaining an ice dragon with riddles.

Back to top Go down
https://horroreveryday.com
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)
Meow Meow Vampyr
neonUFO (tiredsleepy)

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 3:36 am

Duck wrote:

she would've loved vivianne westwood
Okay, I had to look up who vivianne westwood is but you’re so right and now I need to draw her in one of these designs

Also Ezra’s warpaint is SO COOL… he looks tough as hell and I’m definitely not imagining him spending an hour in front of a mirror meticulously applying it every day.
oops sorry i forget not everyone knows her 😭

vivienne westwood was essentially the mother of punk fashion, she notably styled the sex pistols. most of her collections aren't stereotypically punk, but she expressed her ideals through the deconstruction of traditional english looks, which made her work really innovative at the time. she was also an all-around just an amazing person and a huge activist for human rights and the environment. literally a true queen. when people say the queen of england died in 2022 they should always be talking about her 🙏

For Nova, I think you could check out her fall 1993, fall 1994 and spring 1994 collections, they have several gowns in them <:

(Also yeah that sounds about right for him LMAO)

Back to top Go down
Totel
Admin
Totel

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2023 2:58 pm

i play dnd but... i'm actually the DM. Very Happy @tahwarts and @Ham are my players, lol.

i would love to be a player, but i also really enjoy DM-ing! just making up stuff, making art for it etc. leading the story, rather than participating, though participation also sounds as sooo much fun. maybe it's just me being a control freak, haha.

favourite classes? bard and cleric! cheers

Back to top Go down
https://art-anarchy.forumotion.me
Duck

Duck

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 11:53 am

Totel wrote:
i play dnd but... i'm actually the DM. Very Happy  @tahwarts and  @Ham are my players, lol.

i would love to be a player, but i also really enjoy DM-ing! just making up stuff, making art for it etc. leading the story, rather than participating, though participation also sounds as sooo much fun. maybe it's just me being a control freak, haha.

favourite classes? bard and cleric! cheers

YAYY another DM!

I hope you get a chance to play soon! DMing is fun, but it’s fun to switch it up every now and then.

Cleric is so underrated! Such an awesome class with so much potential.

Back to top Go down
ChronicVillainy

ChronicVillainy

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 1:04 pm

I've played it only once, a sort of introduction thing with pre-made characters. It was fun and I would certainly like to play it more, but I sadly don't have a DnD group nearby. Sad

Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/ChronicVillainy
MumiMoondrops

MumiMoondrops

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 5:34 pm

ChronicVillainy wrote:
I've played it only once, a sort of introduction thing with pre-made characters. It was fun and I would certainly like to play it more, but I sadly don't have a DnD group nearby. Sad

you can also play D&D online, if you can find or organize a group! there's lots of services for it like Roll20, OMM, etc.
Back to top Go down
Duck

Duck

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 7:25 pm

ChronicVillainy wrote:
If you're up for it, MumiMoondrops is right. Online games can be just as fun! All depends on the people you're playing with, and it can take a couple tries to find your people, but if you're itching to try again it's a good option!
I even had a friend who did a d&d campaign online with full text rp only. No voice chat or anything, it worked out better for them!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons and Dragons   Dungeons and Dragons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Art Anarchy :: Lounge :: Fandoms-
Jump to: